Fun in the Sun
This Quesadilla is my entry to Anupama's event, "Fun in the Sun", which is about PICNIC FOOD RECIPES. Thanks Anupama for hosting a lovely and great event. This is a mexican snack, this i tried from Sailu's food blog. The above tortillas, I bought from an American store. Really taste is awesome. You can pack it easily for any picnic and also can serve it as a weekend snack. For this, we can use seasonal vegetables and some Indian flavours. Here is the recipe:
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Cuisine : Mexican
Ingredients for flour tortillas:
1 3/4 cups flour
3 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp baking powder
approxmately 1/2 cup warm milk
Method for preparation of tortillas:
- In a bowl, take the flour, add salt, baking powder and butter, mix well. Now slowly add the warm milk to prepare soft dough, kneeding well for 5 minutes, keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Now take lemon size balls of the above dough and using a roll pin to roll out like very very thin rotis like normal chapati size.
- Pre heat a tawa, place each tortilla on hot tawa for only 5 seconds on each side and remove from tawa and keep aside.
2 uncooked flour tortillas
4 tbsp finely chopped carrots
4 tbsp finely chopped beans
2 tbsp fresh grated coconut(optional)
3 tbsp grated cheese
1/2 tsp pepper(optional)
1 finely crushed dry red chilli
2 tbsp tomato sauce
salt as per taste
1 tbsp oil
3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- For this vegetable filling, i used finely chopped carrots, finely chopped beans and fesh grated coconut. Along with these, you can use finely chopped seasonal vegetables like cabbage, capsicum, onions, babycorn and finely chopped garlic also.
- If you use garlic, then saute the garlic followed by all vegetables in a 1 tbsp of oil for 4 minutes. Then add grated coconut, coriander leaves, pepper and crushed red dry chilli flakes (as per your taste) and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- First you place a tortilla in a plate, now take the above vegetable mixture in the centre of tortilla, now add the tomato sauce on the top of the vegetable mixture, next spread the 3 tbsp of grated cheese, wet the edges of tortilla with water, place another tortilla on top and press the edges with the help of a fork.
- Pre heat a tawa, place the above tortilla pizza on tawa, roast the tortilla pizza both sides on medium heat only. Because you want the cheese to melt inside. If you want you can add some oil on both sides of the pizza, while frying. I roasted the tortilla pizza little bit more time, because my hubby loves crispy. You can reduce the roast time according to your taste.
- Now take into a serving plate, slice into triangle with a pizza cutter or knife.
- If you want you can serve with tomato sauce otherwise the plain one also very tasty. But you have to serve it hot.